Sunday 26 October 2008

Where does all the time go?


I seem to spend most of my time apologising for my absence on here - I spend quite a lot of time blog hopping & not an awful lot of time making things - occasionally I have to force myself to turn off the computer and actually make some cards! & then I realise how many more talented people there are out there than me & can't think of a thing to do.

Having said this though, I did make 3 cards recently for a fall card swap with my SBS12 sisters, but I won't post those until I know they've got them - all I'll say is that I was really pleased with the results, even if I did leave it until the last minute and put myself under loads of pressure to get it done.

The one card I can post is for the October friendship card swap on Docrafts - as you will see the theme was halloween, and I didn't think I had that much stuff for halloween (other than a CBug folder with a spiders web that I bought at Exeter last month). But then I got out my paper dolls Cricut cartridge and cut out most of the Frankenstein stuff - I really do not use my cricut enough, there is such wonderful stuff on there! It still took me ages to put the card together as I really wasn't sure how to arrange everything. In the end I used some of the bits on the inside & thought it would make a nice surprise when the recipient opens it. I also remembered one stamp I bought many years ago (probably 15 if I'm honest) and have never used on a card, it seemed to fit perfectly as a border at the bottom, especially with the white embossing powder, it really pops off the page.

Anyway hope you like - I'm off to try and get some more inspiration from Create and Craft who've got a whole weekend of craft - have already got a few ideas for some unusual cards.

Bye for now

6 comments:

MelissaS said...

Very cute Halloween card! I know what you mean about leaving the swaps to the last minute - I just finished mine last night! As soon as I get them all, I'll turn them around in the mail. Thanks again for the Magnolia images - I've already posted one on my blog :)

craftyrachel said...

Eek! I am way behind with my fall cards. I will do them today and get them in the mail tomorrow. I am soooooo sorry! I tried to do something last night, but I had some sort of creative block. Anyway, I love what you have made here. Nice job!

Jami said...

Very cute Halloween card!

craftyrachel said...

I love the fall card you made me for the SBS-12 swap! It is so cute. Post a picture here!

Liz said...

I love this card! Great idea to embellish the inside too :)

Liz xxx

Dawn said...

Your Halloween card looks great!

I do the same thing. I find myself looking at everyone else's work and then start doubting myself:( I think we all feel that way at some point. I forget to put the laptop down too. It seems to be more fun looking at other's work. Now with that said.............I always enjoy coming over here looking at your cards! They are great. So get busy gal:)