Tuesday 8 February 2011

On a Roll Now!


Yay, I finished the card with little miss cute ted - although I have to say that the card did not end up that small!

I decided to use the sketch from Friday Sketchers for this, but Miss Ted is quite big on her own, so by the time I'd matted & layered and found a circle big enough (used my xcut, now Tonic Studios circle cutter) I ended up needing an 8x8 card blank, which I didn't have so ended up making my own from two sheets of A4 card - this would be fine were it not for the fact that I now don't have an envelope to fit! (it's a great excuse to visit Tracy's again, well I think it is anyway!).

I'm very proud of the pink backing paper, as it started life as a sheet of pink copier paper, which I then stamped on using a Viva background text stamp with pink chalk ink, then I inked the edges of the paper with the same ink, and then went over again with a slightly darker pink, just on the very edges - I think it looks quite expensive but the only real cost was a bit of time and effort.

The flowers were made using one of my newest purchases from Tracy's (got on Sunday) they are the new Tonic Studios petals pairs punches. These are great, you get two punches for £10.99, you can mix and match them but basically they interlock so you get a lovely dimensional flower.

Now it's finished I'm not sure I like this card, but it was great fun to do & I do love the Kanban teddies, well I love all the Kanban stamps, they really are a fabulous range, very versatile and stamp beatifully!

Well, lets see if I can keep this up and be back tomorrow for another amazing instalment!

No comments: