Monday 15 August 2011

Good Saturday

Well, I had a great afternoon on Saturday, my friend Sharon came over, and we both had a very slow start to crafting as neither of us could decide what we wanted to do.  I got out a huge (and I mean huge) pile of magazines and started to go through them to see if any ideas came up.  Eventually, I found the two cards I've made, I know they're copies of ones in the mag and in some respects are cheating, but I'm really pleased with them, they've helped to get my creative juices flowing and I've got loads of ideas (shame it's now Monday and I've got to go to work!).






This card should have used a scalloped square nestie, but I don't possess one of those, but I do possess a Cricut and so used that with my Accent essentials cartridge to create the scalloped square, the punch is by Martha Stewart, and the papers were a freebie with a magazine (Craftwork Cards Vintage Rose).  The butterflies and the backing paper are highlighted with my stickles glitter glue.








My second card was so simple, with two papers used for the background, one has been punched with my XCut border punch (this is not the one it should have been but I didn't have that).  The light green strips were actually white, and I coloured the paper with my Spectrum noirs.  I cut the flowers with my circle nesties, scrunched and layered up, then put candy dots in the middle.  The leaves are a sizzlets set and the Birthday wishes is from Stampin Up, stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold.


Hope you like them & if I get a chance before the creativity disappears I will try and make some more cards on the same theme, even if I don't I've got next weekend to look forward to & hopefully my other crafty friend Alison will be feeling up to some crafting.

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Hi Rachel, just love your cards especially the butterfly one wish I could of been there. Sorry not able to come over for the next couple of weeks now as it is the Cornwood Show on Saturday 20th and then the following Saturday we will be at our daughter Sarah's for the bank holiday weekend. So will be the first weekend in September before I see you again boohoo. I will keep checking your blog. Hope Geoff enjoyed the trifle. Loads of love Alison xxxx