Friday 24 August 2012

Crafty Week

Well, I've had a week off work this week & as my 16 year old daughter wouldn't be seen dead with us (well at least thats what it feels like), I've had plenty of time for me.

On Monday I took a pdf cut file freebie that I got from Waltzingmouse (available on the webshop under freebies) and had some fun turning it into a cut file for my Silhouette, it cut brilliantly and I now have a beautiful green Three Kings box sat on my desk - I am soo going to make loads of them for Christmas, I seem to remember that if you put 6 together they fit into a circle which would make a great centre piece to the Christmas table, and a great alternative to the British cracker.  I will remember to take a picture of it at some point.

I have decided that blogging on my iPad is still not great as the camera is rubbish (mind you I am spoilt having both a Nikon D50 and a Sanyo Xacti), really doesn't do the cards justice and that will not encourage me to share!

On Tuesday I turned my hand to upholstery and re-covered a seat pad for my hubbies most comfortable stool - very proud of my modest efforts although I doubt I'll win any awards.

The rest of the week I have spent slowly playing - I've been cutting up t-shirts into strips so I can make a woven rug - will definitely show pictures of that when I get started!  I've also been trying to get involved with some challenges, I found one on Docrafts, which is their bear challenge - so I dug out my lovely new Lili of the Valley stamps and set to work.  I coloured the image with my watercolour pencils and I'm really happy with how well that turned out, much more subtle than alcohol pens, the papers are from a Laura Ashley 6x6 pad I've had forever - couple of Quickutz punches (corners & tag) and a cuttlebug embossing folder used on the green panel.

Anyway, hope you like (who am I kidding, nobody reads my blog) - off to find some more challenges to do.

No comments: