Sunday, 4 November 2012

I'm back - again

Well, this post should have happened on Thursday morning, but I managed to hit the wrong button & everything I handwritten was deleted, I didn't have time then to re- post and then forgot to do it until now.

Thanks to my lovely friend Alison, who I spent a brilliant afternoon with yesterday crafting & helping her to spend money, I now feel like I'm getting back into Cardmaking - I actually managed to make 3 yesterday!! But I will save posting pictures of those for another day and just give you the details of one I made last weekend.

The stamp I used for this I've had forever and never used until now (hangs head in shame), I decided to stamp in versamark ink and then embossed with Wow ebony embossing powder - heated from behind it gave a lovely glossy finish. I then used some TH distress inks (I only possess 6) to create the ground and sky, then I used watercolour pencils and spectrum noir pens to colour in the buildings, tree and star. Then I mounted it onto some lovely sparkly blue card, then mounted onto a 5 inch square card blank that had been completely covered in a backing paper (again I've had this forever so couldn't tell you where it came from), The corner is the frostyville corner by Memory Box. It's a really simple card, but I'm quite pleased with it - it's nice to be making cards again!

Anyway, I'll try not to leave it so long next time.

 

1 comment:

Cards by Alison said...

Lovely card Rachel am looking forward to seeing you again at the weekend. No spending though, gotta save some money for Exeter next year lol. Thanks for a lovely time on Saturday, see you soon. Ali