Sunday 26 January 2014

Mojo still not quite back

But I'm trying to force it into action.  The image on the following card took me all week to colour and turn into this card, but hey, at least I still made something.

As I was making it, I was finding it easier and easier, so hopefully the mojo will be back in full swing soon - I've printed off a couple of decoupage sheets so that I don't have to slow myself down with the colouring thing for a bit.  I also managed to get a couple of stamps in the Lili of the Valley sale, so hopefully they will help as well.

I coloured the image with spectrum noirs and then used my prismacolor pencils to finish it off.  The purple backing paper was printed from the Fairyopolis CD and so reminds me of oil on water, speaking of which that's what the image is mounted onto, card that has an oil on water effect - looks amazing in real life, the turquoise paper is from a papermania pad - the sentiment is a whimsy ticket stamp, cut out with the matching die.

I used the Sketch Saturday sketch so I'm entering the card into this weeks challenge (two weeks in a row, I'm on a roll now!)


Anyway, TTFN, see you soon

Rach
x

3 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Rachel darling this is gorgeous, sorry did not call you this morning but I took heavy duty painkillers last night and did not wake until around 11.00, and just did not have the energy then to do anything, Sarah helped me make my candles with the little bit of pillar wax I had left so have ordered more but these are my new moulds are they not gorgeous. Your mojo has not left you honey this card is stunning and I love it but then you are always so critical of your own work just the same as the rest of us. I will make sure I am ok for next weekend. Lots of love Ali xxxxxx

Cathy P said...

Lovely take on the sketch, Rachel! I think we all get stalled at times with a loss of mojo. Just keep at it. That's the trick with me. Hang in there - your card is darling. So glad you chose to play along with us at Sketch Saturday this week.
Hugs, Cathy xx

Macarena said...

So sweet and vibrant colors.
Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday,
Marzena, DT