Wednesday 25 June 2014

Crafters June Challenge

Okay, so I'm really late posting this, but hey, I still got in there before the end of the month and so there is still time for you all to enter out there, just click on here to take you to the entry page.

The theme for this month is tags, boxes and bags, so I thought I would make a gift bag using one of the gorgeous new Scruffy Little Cat images and the gorgeous Lola sat on her bath seemed ideal to me! I coloured her with my specrum noir pens and pencils and I used glossy accents on the bubbles.  The bag I made by printing onto two pieces of Centura pearl paper (from Camden Town CD), glued the two pieces together into a tube and then creased to give a boxy shape, I then scored 2 cm at the bottom and cut a piece of card to fit inside, and used the 2 cm crease to glue the card to the paper sides - that probably doesn't make sense so I will try and do a tutorial at some point.


I know some of you like these things, so here are the colours used to bring Lola to life:
Hair: CR11, DR5, DR7, EB3
Bodice & eyes: BT3-5
Bottles & potions: BT1 - 3
Bath: GB3, GB5, GB7, TN1, TN2
Ground: IG1
Skin: FS5, FS7, FS8, FS9
Bubbles: IB1
Pencils used: 097, 072, 063, 062, 005, 009, 017, 092, 084, 023

Anyway, hope you are all having a lovely day & enjoying the last of the sunshine (with Wimbledon just started and Glastonbury at the weekend, the weather is bound to take a turn for the worse!).

TTFN

Rach
x

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Rachel such a fantastic bag love the colour combination you have used and that image is just fantastic. Sorry not crafting again this week but yes I know we will get together at some point soon. Love Alison x