Thursday 9 October 2014

Crafters Inspiration Magazine 5

Well, I took delivery of my Crafters Companion Inspiration magazine number 5 at the weekend, and I have to say ITS AMAZING!!!  I'm not in it, but the girls have done an absolutely outstanding job, it's full of all sorts of Christmas fun, from fudge to decorations, napkins to aprons and pretty much everything in between. 

So, although I'm not in it, having received it and all of the fabulous goodies that came with it, it would have been rude not to have a play wouldn't it?  I was dying to try out an idea in my head for a present card.  I took a 7x7 black card base and printed one of the Vintage papers from the CD and matted this onto the base, then I used some Coredinations colourcore Brights in green and using the small snowflakes embossing folder I embossed only the corners so that I was left with a cross in the middle (slightly offset).  I used some Vintage photo distress ink to give it an aged feel and then used some red ribbon to create the wrapping for the present.  I cut out a scalloped tag from Kraft card and then stamped this with one of the sentiments on the stamp sheet that came with the magazine and threw on some Frantage Aged Ivory embossing enamel (possibly a little more blizzard than light flurry).  I stuck this to the middle of the card using Collal 3D glue gel and then made a bow on my Ultimate Pro and stuck this over the end of the tag again with Collal 3D glue.  The only other addition was some red pearl drops I picked up at the Exeter show.

Having made one of these cards, it would be very simple to replicate with different ribbon, different embossing folders or embellishments.


Well, hope you're liking the magazine as much as me!

TTFN

Rach
x

No comments: