Wednesday 20 April 2016

Dead Mans Chest


Well, I've just realised how long its been since my last blog post - I'M SO SORRY!!!  I get so busy having fun, I forget to show what I've been making.

Having realised that I have so many stamps that I've bought over the years, stroked and put away, un-inked that I'm trying much harder to use new products before I put them away, and to this end, the next project was born.

I looked at the Day of the Dead range and I could see not only Mardi Gras but also pirates and the skull and crossbones, well I decided that you could combine the two.  I remembered that on the Advanced Construction Techniques DVD there was a treasure chest and so I used the gorgeous Renaissance A3 Centura Pearl for the box with Purple straps and a Pearl Paper Pen to create the rivets and then just had some fun with the Sugar skull (coloured with Spectrum Noir pens), and the dancing skeleton (head only) coloured with distress ink.  I also used the Floral Fiesta flowers cut out with copier paper and coloured with Spectrum Aqua pens.

















Well, I hope you like this & hopefully (no promises) I'll be back soon.

TTFN

Rach
x

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Rachel this is stunning love how you have decorated the chest. Hope you are keeping well am unable to play for the next couple of weeks but I will come over as soon as I can, I am in Exeter this weekend having a lesson in free motion embroidery, and the following weekend am getting ready for the Cornwood Fair in the Square which is on the Monday. But hopefully after that I will be free.

Love Alison xx