Sunday 20 February 2011

Oriental Themed


Well, I actually found a bit of time today to make a card, and wanted to use a challenge, so I went to Clare's Inspiration challenge on the DoCrafts website, she had the most beautiful picture of the sky through some gorgeous red acer leaves, which really spoke to me of the orient (not that I've ever been there!). So I had a rummage through some old stamps of mine and found some oriental designs, which I've had for years (sorry they don't have a brand name on them), and a really nice Hero Arts leaf stamp - okay so it's not an Acer leaf but stamped in red I think it looks quite dramatic, and by using the image more than once without re-inking, it gives a lovely depth.

The lanterns at the top of the card were stamped several times to give them all in a row using my Stampin Up 'Stamp-a-majig' to line them up. This is a really fabulous tool and I really don't use it nearly enough. The lanterns were coloured in using a cheap version of H2Os and watercolour pencils.

The geisha was stamped with red pigment ink and then clear embossed, this was on white card, but when I cut it out using a nestie, I left the nestie in place and then chalked in a pale blue around the edge.

Anyway, enough waffle, hope you like.

No comments: