Monday 21 March 2011

Triple image


I saw a card on the docrafts website, which I really loved, and it used the same image several times. I really liked the idea, the number of times I've received freebie stamps with magazines, but they're tiny and I'm left wondering how I could ever make use of them. So when I saw this idea I just had to use it to create some cards of my own (more will follow in the next few days - I have been busy making but not taking pictures yet - speaking of which, sorry this is slightly fuzzy).

This one was used a set from Simply Cards & Papercrafts and was an Adam Pescott image (I should get some more of his images as freebies next month as they will be in Quick Cards Made Easy). The punch to create the edging on the paper is my new XCut border punch - think these are just as beautiful as Martha's but a fraction of the price (complete win - win there!). So that the mats matched the images I actually used white card and coloured the edges using my promarkers - was really pleased with how that turned out. The card base I stamped with some of the tiny butterfly images that were also free with the same stamp set, and I used a very pale cream and peach chalk ink from a colourbox queue set. The dots are card candy, which I've had for several years - you get so many in a pack that I think I will have them till the day I die!.

Anyway, hope you like - will be back soon with some new cards & next weekend will probably be getting some new stamps as Tracy is releasing her own range at the shop, will definitely have to get some!

No comments: