Saturday 2 February 2013

Footprints

First, sorry for not blogging for a couple of weeks, I really didn't realise I had been gone for that long!  I have several cards that still need to be shown & I did manage to make one as well, but it took me about a week of faffing about (I keep getting side tracked with reading other peoples blogs, watching TV, working etc...).

The cards I've got to show today are from a recently purchased stamp set - as soon as I saw them I just had to buy them.  The stamp set came from Joanna Sheen and is one of the new 'our daily bread' stamps.  I'm not a religious person, but I have always loved this story, so like I said I just had to get them.

Both cards are 6x6, the first one is just a plain and simple white embossing on Kraft card, unfortunately, the writing goes onto the footprints background a bit and so isn't completely clear.

The next one is in colour, I got out my glossy cardstock and used some Tim Holtz distress inks to colour the background so it looks like sand and sea, the footprints were stamped in chalk ink and then the story was stamped in black using an archival ink.


Not sure where I will use these cards, but I love them anyway.

Well, that's it for me today, I have to go and get on with a birthday card for my mum, but as I have a stinking cold, I'll have to plug my nose with tissue while making it!

Have fun & see you soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel, these are beautiful!! I have a friend who is having major surgery this week and I'd love to buy one of these to give her - can you message me with details of how I can do this? FMx

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow two super cards ... well done ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... hope your cold is better soon tooooo and have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Awww Rachel glad to see you back in the land of blogging. I love both of your cards and was excited for you when you showed me the stamps as I knew you would come up with brilliant cards and you have. Hope your cold gets better soon and look forward to seeing the other cards you have made soon on your blog (you know I will nag you). Ohhhhh good news I have been awarded my ESA again have to go through the whole procedure but this time if put in the back to work bracket I will fight it straight away. Lots of love Ali