Thursday 25 April 2013

It's nearly the weekend!

I seem to spend most of my weeks wishing for the weekend, so I suppose it's no surprise that January, February & March have screamed past with barely a blink (there is that joke that even on the calendar it goes M,T then WTF!).

I do love my weekends, I spend Saturday morning cleaning so that I can spend Saturday afternoon crafting, preferably with my buddies Alison & Sharon.  Last weekend, this is exactly what I got to do and it was soo much fun, very relaxing and always just what the doctor ordered after a week at work.

Alison and I were playing with her new Tonic Studios pick of the bunch punches and having a go at making flowers - the pictures that go with the instructions are tiny, but we managed to come away with some lovely flowers.  Sharon made a lovely card for a young boy's 7th birthday using a kit from Chaplins which looked amazing.

This week has been really slow on the card making front (I usually work on cards between 7.30 and 8 am in the morning) but I am hoping the addition of some LOTV stamps should correct that (when they arrive).

Anyway, onto a card, afterall that's what this blog is supposed to be about!  This card was made a little while ago, but I hadn't got round to putting it on my blog.  It was made shortly after I did my colouring day with Tracy, and I think it really shows, I just love the way I've coloured this image!  The papers are from the CD (bamboo), I used a spellbinders die to cut out bamboo and mat & layer, and the swirl in the corner is a diesire die.  The sentiment is from the hunky dory paper pack that I got with bamboo.


Well, hope you like it & sorry it's been a week since I last managed to get on lines, time just flies when you're wishing your life away waiting for weekends!

See you soon...

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Ohhh Rachel love this one really must play with my CD's. hope to see you next week. Love Ali xx