Thursday 1 May 2014

Wild about you

This is yet another card playing with the Rachelle Anne Miller stamps etc... from Crafters Companion,  I really do love this range!

A friend in work asked me to make a card for her Nana who is going to be 80, she preferred muted colours and the only other thing I was told was that she likes Giraffes, so the RAM range sprang to mind straight away.  She also wanted the card to say 'Nana' (specific spelling) and have '80' on it.

The background paper was printed from the CD (coordinating paper Design 6, colour 2) as were the flowers (Embellishments Design 3 and Design 5), really like the additional embellishments that are being provided on the CDs now.  I used the sentiment from the stamp set too and cut this out with the Scalloped Tags die, the leaves are cut from Coredinations Pastels card using diesire Leaf Swirls, I've mounted the image onto Kraft Card, which was cut out with the Diesire Cameo Stamping Frame.  I used my Silhouette to cut out the Nana and 80 using both Coredinations pastels and Tim Holtz Craft Core Cardstock.


For those interested in the Spectrum Noir Colours used:

Giraffe, Bird and flowers: FS1, GB2, BG2, BG4, BG5, BG6, PP4, CR3 and FS8
Shadow: IG1

I even made a box to put the card in as it's 8x8, thankfully, she was really happy with the card & even gave me £5 for it!!! I've never earned £5 for a card before, but she was insistent it was worth every penny.

Well, hope you like & I'll be back later in the week with the start of some sneak peeks of the next Crafters Companion launch - all I can say is it's completely different from pretty much everything else they have EVER done, but simply stunning!

TTFN

Rach
x

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Rachel beautiful card and no wonder she gave you a fiver for it bargain. Keep well and hope to see you soon for a play. Love Alison xx