Wednesday 5 July 2017

Ssshhhh!!!! it's the C word!

Well, I know it's been a while again, but at least I'm back crafting - Yay!!!!

And as you know Christmas sneaks up quickly on the unsuspecting, so us crafters have to be ultra prepared!  Crafters Companion is going all out again this year to help with this and have some amazing launches in July on Hochanda - Have you seen Sara's latest signature range!!!! O M G! it's to die for (& already been added to my collection as they're being super quick with deliveries - just as well because I have absolutely no patience for these things!).

Anyhoo.... I was given the pleasure of working with some new Foil Transfers and Foils designed specifically for the festive season, and to whet your appetite for the launch tomorrow, I thought I'd show you a couple of my offerings.


This first make is a candle jar (I've used a battery operated candle so it's perfectly safe) and a washed out salsa jar - recycling too - go me!


The transfers don't go on very easily to the jar, but I think this adds to the rustic nature of the make, I've added some gems to the centre of the snowflakes for added sparkle and then some ribbon and tags - you could even colour the jars on the inside with some alcohol inks to give different coloured glows, or you could use a larger jar and a string of lights.




My second make goes back to a traditional card shape and would make a lovely quick (ish) card for Christmas - the sentiment is from the Foil Transfers, and I've used Matt Silver foil for both of my makes.  some of the snowflakes have been covered with Stick-it and then foiled over the top to continue the look.


Whether you go for something simple or a bit more complex, these foils and transfers really add another dimension - they are great fun to work with & not at all like the old transfers which were really annoying and didn't always stick down properly.

Well, I hope you can be there for the launch of these as the one day special on Thursday at 6 p.m. as you really don't want to miss out, what with these and the other launches, I think I'm on beans for the rest of the month, well year!

Take care & TTFN

Rach
x

No comments: