Wednesday 5 December 2018

Fab 'n' Funky Challenge - Thank You

Well, we have a new challenge over at Fab 'n' Funky, the theme this week is 'Thank You' - everyone used to send thank you cards after Christmas, but it does seem to be somewhat of a dying tradition, but thank you's can be useful at any time of the year.

I like to keep my thank you cards without a sentiment on the outside so that I can actually put a good heartfelt message on the inside.


For this card I've used a Lavinia Stamps image which has been second generation stamped onto the main card base.  For the topper I smooshed some Distress Oxides onto a plastic sheet, really wet the cardstock and then put the plastic sheet on top and spread the ink out, I love the effect this creates!  Once dry I stamped the feather on top again using distress oxides, it doesn't show very well but I then also stamped with watermark ink and sprinkled with a Holographic embossing powder and heat embossed, mat and layered onto some coordinating card stock and placed this on the front of the card using foam pads to raise it.

A very cheery card in the depths of winter and I think definitely says 'thank you' and puts a smile on your face!

Hope you have a brilliant day whatever you are doing and hope you can join in our challenge.

TTFN

Rach
x

2 comments:

Pat said...

Lovely card for the challenge this week Rachel, beautiful colours.

Pat xx

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Rachel. Really do love your stamping. Great to have you with us. hugs, Pat K xx