Wednesday 13 March 2019

Fab ‘n’ Funky #431 - Butterfly

Hi all and welcome to another week at Fab ‘n’ Funky, this weeks theme is Butterflies and I decided to go monochrome and technicolour all in the same card.  I don’t know whether any of you have seen the fabulous film “A Matter of Life and Death” with the fabulous actor David Niven, well it’s one of my favourite films and it is shot in black and white and technicolour, so I used this as my inspiration.

I die cut a panel with a stitched edge and then inked this with my Harmony Inks in Spa Blue, Anthracite and Noir Black, then stamped the Framed Wings from Sara’s Flutterby Collection in Finesse Waterproof Noir Black (second generation stamp).  Then I splashed with water and dabbed this off to give lighter splodges, and then I took some watered down silver Starlights paint and flicked this on and left to dry.

Once dry, I matted this onto some black card and adhered to my 7x7 card base using foam pads and Collal 3D glue gel - the sentiment on the card base is one from Crafters Companion, again stamped in Finesse Waterproof Noir Black.

The little butterflies are also from the Flutterby collection from Crafters Companion called “arrangement of butterflies”.  I took a piece of Cardstock and created a rainbow using Harmony Inks in Chinese Red, Lemon Tonic, Parakeet and Crushed Velvet, once I had this, I die cut the butterflies (they are fab as it only takes one pass through the machine to get a whole flock of butterflies) and adhered them to the card.

I had this card in my head for a few days before putting it together and it really was very quick to do. Where do you all find your inspiration for cards, I’d love to know.

Anyway, hope you like my card today - have a look at all the other cards from the team for more inspiration and I hope you have a fab Wednesday - already half way to the weekend again!

TTFN

Rach
X

4 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful card Rachel, lovely butterflies and sentiment.

Pat xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Rachel....love the big butterfly image and great sentiment...Joolsx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, what a stunning piece Rachel. Love this hun! Beauty in every detail. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Kelly Lloyd said...

Love these words, pretty image too
Xx