Sunday 10 March 2019

Number Cards

Well, there have been some incredible new launches from Crafters Companion over the past few weeks and fab celebrations with the move to Create and Craft.  Tomorrow will bring another new launch, Large Number Dies and Stencils, and I was lucky enough to get to play with these ahead of time.

They really are the most incredibly versatile dies/stencils, with number 0 through to 9, you will truly have everything covered.  It's my 49th birthday this year, so for the first card I'm showing, I thought I'd make my own birthday card.



I used my favourite Shabby Chic collection, with the 12x12 paper pad, Rose Garden Embossing Folder and Shabby Chic butterflies then some lace ribbon and a wooden button from the Rustic Wedding collection - the stencils allowed me to shape the card and the backing paper as well as creating the matts around the 9.  The dies cut out the inner numbers which have been embossed to add extra detail.

To show the full range of these dies, you have to imagine them for the younger generation, and it's not just girls they are suitable for - I created a 7th birthday card for a skating boy.



This time I've used Sara's Just for Men Collection, teamed with some Kraft and matt black cardstock and a bit of centura pearl metallics for the stars and Birthday sentiment.

Finally, another birthday card, this time for a 37 year old, it really is wonderful that you don't just have to stick to those milestone birthdays or anniversaries with these dies.



This time, I've turned an A5 card into a double twisted easel and used pretty florals to decorate - I haven't even used the largest stencil on this one.

I didn't get to work with the 2 and the 5, but I definitely want to get these as I'm going to be having great fun at Christmas - you could even do Halloween cards with the 3 and the 1, and our American friends can have fun with numbered thanksgiving cards as the date is actually moveable!

Anyway, hope you can watch Fiona's shows with these tomorrow at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Yet another winning must have!

TTFN

Rach
x

No comments: