Saturday 12 April 2008

Altered School book



Okay, so this is the before picture, yes I'm sure you all know what a schoolbook looks like, but I'm quite impressed with myself for this one.

I've started getting the BBC Easy Cook magazine, and have found quite a few recipes in it that we really enjoy, the only problem is when I go to find them again, I can never remember which magazine they were in and spend ages trying to find the recipe, so I thought I would make a place to keep all these recipes so I can find them again, and this is what I came up with....



The original plan was to cover the whole book in one sheet of paper, but I then realised that it was too big for this, so had to revert to plan B, and use a decorative paper across the spine and different card for the main part front and back. All the bits and pieces were cut on my Cricut (love that little machine!). Thought it best to get a picture of it now, because once I start using this book, it will probably end up covered in bits of food! still at least it's got a very practical use.

9 comments:

Carolina said...

well done, ur blog is filled with inspiration! kudos!

Dawn said...

that is a pretty cool idea. Great job!

Shirley said...

great idea, and love the way you have altered it

gillyflower said...

what a brill idea love it
love my cricut expression too don't know how i managed without it great machines
have fun cooking
gill

Elisabeth said...

Cute!! I love that Doodlecharm cricut cartridge!

Wendy said...

Hi Rachel,
Just wanted to let you know that I mailed out your PIF candy today!
Have a great day...

Wendy

Ruby Claire said...

That us so AWESOME!
What a MAAD idea!
LOVE it! :)
xx

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Love your altered recipe book, well done :)

Melissia said...

Great alteration!! I wish my recipe book was that cute. LOL