Thursday 6 March 2014

The world has gone all technicolour!

I was walking home from work yesterday and realised that Spring is definitely on its way (even if the no one told the weather!).  The daffodils are all in flower, bushes are starting to sprout new growth and everything is beginning to turn lush and wonderful again, it's also still light when I walk home from work!

So in keeping with this lovely theme of colour and lushness, you might want to get your sunglasses out for this next card!  The stamp is from Susanna Loves Stamps and the Oddly Sweet Curiosities range, there are loads of these beautiful monsters to choose from (I couldn't and bought a multi set!).  She is coloured with my spectrum noir pens, to which I added a bit of Prismacolor pencils and white gel pen highlights.  The lacey border is one of the ones from Crafters Companion, the sentiment comes from the same set as the stamp - the wool button was made by me by wrapping wool around a circular piece of card and all the papers were a freebie in a magazine years ago that I found lurking at the bottom of one of my many boxes of paper, I am starting to try and use them up.

I used the Sketch from this weeks Sketch Saturday Challenge, so I'll be entering my card for this.

This card actually started its life last weekend when I was colouring with Alison, yes she was finally able to make it over, and I'm hoping she keeps well enough to make it two weeks in a row!  It's always much nicer to craft with someone.

Anyway, I hope you like it & I apologise for not blogging sooner.

TTFN

Rach
x

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Rachel wonderful bright card, am so glad you blogged this. I am hoping to be back on my feet ASAP am dosed up on morphine so hopefully this gives the arthritis time to settle down. Love Alison xxx