Thursday 18 October 2018

Butterflies

Well, this time last year I had just finished working on some launches for Crafters Companion birthday week, sadly this year I’m not working on any of the launches and am no longer on the team. However, they really do have some fabulous launches and I’m looking forward to watching the shows and trying desperately hard to control my spending!



Anyway, the card I’m showing today is made using stamps from the Flutterby Sara Signature Range that launched during birthday week last year.  I stamped the large butterfly several times using watermark ink and then embossed with clear powder.  I used some Distress Oxides (Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Crushed Pistachio and Peacock Feathers) to colour the background by squidging some ink onto my glass mat, spritzing with water and then dunking the card with the butterflies on it into the ink, drying off and then doing the same with the other colours.  By doing this I built up the colours as they overlay each other beautifully.

I then created a velum overlay with some of the other stamps from the range, again stamping in watermark ink and using white embossing powder.  For the turquoise mat, I didn’t have any card the right colour so I used white card and coloured the edges with a Spectrum Noir pen (BT4) - got to love those pens!

Anyway, hope you all enjoy Crafters birthday week, I know I will!

TTFN Rach
xx

No comments: