Sunday 7 October 2018

Getting ready for Christmas

Hi all, well I had to start getting ready for Christmas some time and I have been so behind in previous years (and this one too!).

Anyway, I was reading my copy of the Crafters Inspiration magazine (issue 20), and was inspired by the cards made using the stencil.  Now, I don't have any of the imagination crafts products but I looked round my craft/dining room and quickly spotted my fabby new Spectrum Noir Finesse ink pads and the Midas ink pads too.

I had no idea whether this idea would work, so I just grabbed a spare piece of card, just to test it out, I used Frozen Lake from the Christmas Finesse set (Seasons Greetings) and Silver from the Midas Metallics.  Firstly I stencilled with the Frozen Lake, then went round the edge of the card with this as well and then moved the stencil slightly to create the drop shadow with the Silver Midas, I also edged the card with the Silver by swiping it directly through the ink pad (buff off any excess so that you don't end up with very inky fingers, these pads are juicy!).

I then mounted the piece of card onto a slightly larger piece of matt silver from Crafters Companion's Luxury Cardstock range, and then placed the panel onto the front of a white card, adding a sentiment from the free stamp set that came with the magazine (I used Versafine Onyx Black for this).


I'm really pleased that my little experiment went so well, I will definitely be making more of these with some other of the Christmas colours.

Hope I still have some followers to read this, sorry for the over long hiatus, hopefully I can get back into this a bit more - I've been having some fun with Brusho's recently, which I will try and share over the coming week.

TTFN

Rach
x

No comments: