Sunday 14 October 2018

Falling leaves

Well, the weather has taken a decided turn for the worse, but then we are well into Autumn now, sadly the high winds have taken quite a lot of the gorgeous coloured leaves off the trees.  I love seeing the beautiful colours of Autumn on the trees and feel very sad when they are on the ground, but hey ho, it all happens for a reason.


To capture the magic of these colours, I created this card, it's a single layer and I created the frame by using one of the Spectrum Artliner pens to quickly draw round the card three times, I say quickly because if you take your time over it, the lines look wrong, they need to be quick scribbles.

I used the Sara Signature Collection Autumn morning stamp set and a light coloured ink from the Harmony range to stamp some leaves (second generation stamps so they just ghost the card).

I took a sheet of white card and used some of my Brusho's (I am so in love with these) to create a lovely autumnal background and then cut out leaf shapes with Sara's Autumn morning 'Leaves are Falling' and 'Scattered Leaves'.  The larger leaf dies have veining detail so I inked through with a light grey ink (again Harmony, love those inks!) to give the detail, then I arranged the leaves over the bottom left of the card to look like leaves being blown about in the wind and adhered them when I was happy with the arrangement, all that was left then was to add the sentiment using another Harmony ink, think this was a mid range brown.

Beautiful, simple and really captures the best of the season!

Well, I'm off to have some more Autumnal fun - hope you have a lovely Sunday.

TTFN

Rach
x

No comments: